Phone Review: Xiaomi MI A1
Back in August of last year, my contract was up, and my phone (a Samsung Galaxy S5) was pretty long in the tooth.
My daily device is now a Xiaomi MI A1. It runs AndroidOne which basically means stock (Android 8.0 as of this writing). Ars did a review of it not too far back.
- Was inexpensive, shipped free/quick on Amazon.ca (Prime)
- No bloat, normal Android OS (quickly upgraded to 8.0)
- Good amount of space (64GB)
- Doesn't have the LTE band of Bell in Canada. Not a huge loss, as I get both 4G and 3G depending on city/rural travel. And my heavy data usage normally occurs on WiFi
- Processor (Snap 625) can be a hair slow, in heavy games. Normal app performance is excellent.
Overall a fantastic value for the money (~$320 CAD), and I didn't have to sign a new contract or anything.